Health & Physical Education: Start the new school year with healthy habits
Congratulations to all YCDSB Students who made healthy choices this year. Have a safe and active summer.Ophea Healthy Schools Certification York Region Public Health Healthy Schools
Nature does wonders for our overall well-being. Embrace the outdoors for a positive boost.
Tips to reduce screen time:
- Embrace spring by heading outdoors to play
- Go for a family walk
- Start a new novel
- Begin a new hobby
- Keep track of your screen time and reduce your time on social media/gaming/programs
- Schedule family game nights (cards, board games)
- Exercise everyday
Healthy eating habits contribute to academic success and well-being. Visit York Region Public Health to find out more about nutrition and healthy eating.
- Time in nature can help reduce mental fatigue and improve concentration
- You’ll drink more water
- Boost happiness and decrease stress
- Boost of Vitamin D
- Strengthens our heart muscle and other muscles too!
- Social emotional connections
- Curriculum connections
Sometimes you look out the ... Continue reading "Embrace the Outdoors in the Winter"